Tuesday, April 17, 2018

In Praise of Coffee

I found this title saved in drafts on Dec. 1, 2011, when the BryonySeries blog was scarcely a year old.

I don't remember my original intent or why I didn't write it. But with new and a rearranging of duties coming up this month at work, I'm spending taking time to tie up dangling threads on a number of projects to reduce physical and mental clutter.

So maybe instead of praising coffee, this post is dedicated to some random coffee thoughts.

1) I'm a dark roast snob, so much that I'll pass on regular roast most of the time. Dark roast has less acid and caffeine and richer flavor, making it easy on the stomach and the mind and happier for the spirit.

2) There's nothing like the first sip of coffee in a dark quiet house. Pure heaven!

3) I can't imagine writing fiction without it, less the caffeine and more the taste and ambiance, I think.

4) I feel like a boss sitting in front of my computer at work, hand moving between handle and mouse. Oh, wait! I AM a boss. Without any staff. Except me. And, boy, do I grumble some days.

5) It just TASTES good.

There. One blog post moved from draft bin to published.

Onto the next item on the list!



Illustration by Matt Coundiff for "Visage." Follow him at www.facebook.com/artbymattcoundiff or @MattCoundiff on Twitter.

No comments: