Sunday, March 11, 2018

Guinness

This just happens to be my favorite beer.

Except because of certain medication I'm taking for life, alcohol is a no-no.

For life. So I've become a dark roast coffee snob instead.

No more Guinness. No more porters. No more stouts. No more Cabernets. No more Merlots.

You get the point.

But there's nothing that says I can't COOK with it. And, as Rebekah Baran assures me, most of the alcohol burns off in the cooking process.

What's the point in this?

Ah, well, you'll just have to pick up this Friday's Herald-News and find out.

In the meantime, I'll be switching out the recipes (daily, I hope) in Sue's Diner over the course of week, bringing back some of the previous ones. So be sure to check in at www.bryonyseries.com/sue-s-dinerwww.bryonyseries.com/sue-s-diner to see what's posted that day. Maybe something you'll like to try.

Of course, ALL the recipes are featured in Memories in the Kitchen: Bites and Nibbles from "Bryony," the official BryonySeries cookbook where ALL proceeds are donated to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Will and Grundy Counties.

Buy the cookbook here: https://www.bryonyseries.com/bbbs.




No comments: