Monday, February 12, 2018

How to Make Two Writers Happy (And Four Good Quotes)

"I wind up changing the word to get past spell check, but when I keep writing that way, I kill the story. I keep trying, because I can’t stop writing, yet, on the other hand, I can’t finish anything. My life is full of half-begun novels." (Ed Calkins, Steward of Tara)

All that has changed with the self-publication of Ed's first book. Come to the Calkins Day book signing tomorrow and pick up some copies. If you can't afford one (or more), we'll give them to you.

The joy for him will be signing them. (Although he is hoping to make 17 cents in royalties).

The joy for me is watching the joy in him and attendees. And I'm hoping for a good belly laughs, too.

Details here: https://www.bryonyseries.com/fetes-and-feasts


Notable quotes from Ed Calkins, the Steward of Tara:


“This is not about Ed Calkins, the man, but Ed Calkins, the myth, and I can’t worry about all these details."


“It’s true that I’m a ham. But I also believe that good cheer is contagious."


"The wise know they will die, so they fear how others will remember them. All it takes is one good poem to turn your victories into treachery and your missteps and misfortunes into epic blunders."


"You only verbally agree to join my harem. This way, I make wives left and right."


“As an Irishman, it’s my right to create myth. That way, you don’t bother about the facts, only what you imagined happened."



No comments: